Friday, July 28, 2006

Pink Sauce, Again

Thursday, July 27th
Menu: Penne with chicken and pink sauce, mixed greens with blueberries, dried cranberries, and scallions in a cranberry-lemon vinagrette, bread with olive oil.

Thursdays at our house are typically the beginning of an effort to clean out the fridge. This is more successful some weeks than others (with success being measured by how much is actually cleaned out of the fridge and re-used). Today scored pretty low (only a small bowl of pasta sauce and half a container of blueberries) but tasted good, plus I managed to make a meal using only one pot. Another rare occurrence in our house, as Andrew reminded me last night. I once made a five ingredient dish extolling the idea of simplicity and ended up using about 12 different bowls and pans to make it. Andrew laughed as I worked my way through cleaning the dishes! Anyway, for tonight's meal I used the leftover pink sauce from last weekend's pizza and tossed it with penne and chicken which were both cooked in chicken stock. My one complaint of the meal is that I used a whole grain pasta which was a little too heavy for the sauce. Still came out good but the flavor of the sauce would have come through a little bit more if I had used regular pasta.

No comments: